The National 4 and 5 May Committee was established by Royal Decree in 1987 to organise events marking Remembrance Day on 4 May and Liberation Day on 5 May.
Objectives of the National Committee
The Committee’s objectives are as follows:
- giving direction to the commemorative and celebratory activities;
- organising ceremonies and events to mark Remembrance Day on 4 May each year;
- organising the Liberation Day celebrations on 5 May each year;
- educating the public for the purpose of increasing involvement and participation in commemoration and celebrations;
- promoting harmonisation between national and local events.