The engagement of a member of the Royal House is usually announced by his or her parents, after which Parliament is asked to consent to the marriage. The Act granting parliamentary consent is then published in the Bulletin of Acts and Decrees.

Enlarge image
Image: Jeroen van der Meyde
Amsterdam, 2 February 2002: wedding of Prince Willem-Alexander and Máxima Zorreguieta.