Composition of National Investiture Committee announced
The Prime Minister has announced the members of the National Investiture Committee, which is in charge of coordinating various festivities to mark the investiture on 30 April 2013.
The Committee will be chaired by Dr Hans Wijers. The other members are:
- Ahmed Aboutaleb, mayor of Rotterdam
- Mavis Albertina, TV producer and media consultant
- Joop van den Ende, theatrical producer
- Andree van Es, member of Amsterdam municipal executive
- Richard Krajicek, ABN Tennis Tournament director and founder of the Richard Krajicek Foundation
- Roland van der Vorst, brand consultant and publicist
- Ben Woldring, internet entrepeneur
The Committee members will use their expertise to fulfil the royal couple's express wish for the entire population to be able to take part in the celebrations. All parts of the Kingdom will be involved. The Committee will also coordinate initiatives to honour Queen Beatrix and pay tribute to the new King and Queen. The actual organisation of the abdication and investiture are not among its responsibilities.
The Committee will announce details of the activities at a later date.