Education and work before 2002
This page gives an overview of Queen Máxima’s education and positions held before 2002.
- Queen Máxima passed her baccalaureate examinations at Northlands School in 1988.
- She graduated in economics from the Universidad Católica Argentina in 1995.
- From 1989 to 1990, while still at university, she worked for Mercado Abierto SA, where she did research into software for financial markets.
- From 1992 to 1995, she worked in the Sales Department of Boston Securities SA in Buenos Aires. She also taught English to children and adults, and mathematics to secondary school pupils and first-year students.
- From July 1996 to February 1998, Queen Máxima worked for HSBC James Capel Inc. in New York, where she was Vice-President of Latin American Institutional Sales. She then worked for Dresdner Kleinwort Benson, as Vice-President of the Emerging Markets Division, until July 1999.
- She subsequently moved to Deutsche Bank in New York, where she was Vice-President of Institutional Sales. From May 2000 to March 2001, she worked at the EU Representative Office of Deutsche Bank in Brussels.